Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. You can reach us online at info@TopTenPercent.com. You can reach us via postal mail at the following address:
TTP Franchising, Inc.
6264 S. Sunbury Rd. Ste. 100
Westerville, OH 43081
- Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, which may include information such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media Website user account names and telephone numbers.
- Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of offers you might like. This includes lifestyle information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, the types of deals that interest you, information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook); demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); information about Business Members that you have downloaded coupons or discounts and information about businesses and/or friends who refer you or who you have referred
- Transaction Information about how you interact with Top Ten Percent, Inc. such as the offers and Business Members you view, other information about how you use our Website, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with Top Ten Percent Business Members, business partners, and service providers.
- Financial Account Information as needed to process payments for membership or special promotions, such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
- Mobile Location Information to help us offer you Virtual On-Command Coupon™ service nearby, if you have activated one of our mobile versions or applications and permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data.
- How Top Ten Percent Collects Personal Information
We ask you for Personal Information (including Contact Information, Relationship Information, and Financial Account Information) when you register, subscribe, create an account, or otherwise interact with the Website or contact Top Ten Percent.
We may receive additional Personal Information from third parties. We may use this Personal Information to enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and to otherwise enhance the Websites or Top Ten Percent services.
- How Top Ten Percent Uses Personal Information
Top Ten Percent uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our website
- Provide customers with coupons, offers and discounts for products and services from participating merchants, including offers based on variables such as stated and anticipated customer interests, personal characteristics, or location.
- Evaluate eligibility of customers for certain coupons, offers and discounts, products or services
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to customers
- Track redemption of coupons, offers and discounts and perform other analytics
- Provide customer support, including to our business members and partners
- Fulfill requests for Top Ten Percent services
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Top Ten Percent and our business members and partners, such as Top Ten Percent news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing
- Provide advertisements to you through the Websites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners
- When and Why Top Ten Percent Discloses Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Top Ten Percent) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above.
- Our service providers that provide services for us. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- Business members, to include past coupons, offers and discounts you may have downloaded or other activity sponsored or offered through Top Ten Percent on behalf of the business members. We may also provide merchants with Personal Information about the consumer members who have downloaded coupons, to send customized offers, to combat fraud, as part of legal proceedings affecting Top Ten Percent and the business members, and to facilitate a direct relationship between business members and consumer members and enable business members to communicate electronically with consumers who may have downloaded coupons, offers and discounts or posted reviews specific to that business member.
- Effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If Top Ten Percent is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- We encourage Top Ten Percent business members and business partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personal Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
- We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our business members and business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
- We may also disclose information about you to our internal franchisees, national vendors and affiliated parties.
- Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use our websites, we may collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our website, mobile website and applications, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our website by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
For example, when you visit our website, Top Ten Percent and our service providers may place cookies on your computers or mobile devices. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us provide a customized experience and help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A “cookie” is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Websites. Some cookies contain serial numbers that allow us to connect your Website activity with other information we store about you in your profile or as related to your interactions with the Websites.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your user id if you asked to be remembered), and storing your preferences (e.g., the cities for which you want to be shown Top Ten Percent Coupons, Offers and Discounts).
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access our websites, your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of the devices you use to interact with the website. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Website and the website you visit after you leave our website, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is used in non-identifiable ways, without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about website users to optimize our website and understand its traffic and usage patterns. In other cases, we associate the information we collect using cookies and related technologies with Personal Information. In that case, this Privacy Statement governs how we use that information.
- Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
Keeping Personal Information about you current helps ensure that we offer you the best deals available through our merchants and business partners. You can do several things to help keep Personal Information about you current. You can access, update and delete your Contact Information, Financial Account Information, and the other information you provided to use in your profile by logging into your account and accessing the “My Account” section of the Website or sending us an email at info@TopTenPercent.com
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Websites for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- Consumer Review
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
- California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Top Ten Percent pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email to info@TopTenPercent.com, or by writing us at the following address:
TTP Franchising, Inc.
6264 Sunbury Rd. Ste. 100
Westerville, OH 43081
Please allow 30 days for a response.
* Please request and refer to our Franchise Disclosure Agreement for complete details. This information is not intended as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, a franchise. It is for informational purposes only.